The Firmware is the software inside the VU-AMS5fs device. You can update this firmware yourself, when a newer version is available. To see the firmware version; connect to VU-DAMS.
For upgrading you will use the CompactFlash card for transporting the firmware from the zip file to the microcontroller inside the VU-AMS5fs device. So you will have to do this only once.
- Use full batteries!
- Empty a CompactFlash card.
- Copy the file '@AMS5fs@.bin' in the _AMS5fs_.zip file to the CF card.
- Put the CF card in the VU-AMS5fs device.
- Push the black button on the VU-AMS5fs device.
- While pushing the black button put batteries in the device.
- When you hear a beep you can let go of the button.
- Put the battery cover on the VU-AMS5fs device.
- (When the device beeps every 3 seconds; cover the device from bright light)
- Wait till the device resets.
- You are now using the new firmware.
- Delete the file '@AMS5fs@.bin' from the CF card.
NOTE: In general we recommend upgrading only in between your projects, but if the 'no file bug' is giving you lots of trouble, you might want to flash the VU-AMS device ASAP.